German Parlor Stove?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Andro, May 21, 2017.

1. Andro

Andro New Member

Hello everyone!
    Thank you for giving me the chance to ask you about this stove which has been in my family for many years.
    I would greatly appreciate any info regarding this beautiful antique; origin, aprox. manufacture date, value, etc.
    I live in Chile, South america and it belonged to my Italian ascending family.
    Thanks in advance!
    Andro
    IMG_4033 Small.jpg IMG_4031 small.jpg IMG_4032 small.jpg IMG_4033 Small.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Southern German/Bavarian. I've seen them in situ. I've a feeling that quote is Goethe or Luther or someone. If your family were from close to the Italian Tirol, then buying a German stove would make sense. Mid 19th onwards from the tiles. Which show blue poppies, by the way, meconopsis baileyii. The tiles may actually be British.

Andro likes this.
  3. Andro

Andro New Member

Thank you very much "Ownesbybear" for your answer.
    Sorry for asking directly, but what would be its approximate value?
    Thanks again!

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

On that, I've no clue - I'm in the UK, so it would be quite different from where you are, sorry!

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I don't think any of us here would have a clue of what the antiques market is like in Chile. You would need to consult with local dealers or auction houses to determine value.

Andro likes this.
  6. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

OBB, do you mean the words in the circle, 2nd thumbnail, on the top door - Alle thüren fest zu!?
    I tried getting translations of it in hopes it pertained to a maker. The best I could get was something like "All doors firmly" or something like All doors firmly set/hinged or all doors firmly attached. I assumed it had to do with the door it was on. What is your translation of it?

--- Susan

Andro likes this.