Featured German Porcelain Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by CollectorOfTheLamp, Nov 15, 2023.

1. CollectorOfTheLamp

CollectorOfTheLamp New Member

Good day all,

Im pleased to finally find somewhere to converse with the learned!

Im sure i'll be here often as im reasonably new to collecting. My names Oli, & I have a unhealthy fascination with Victorian oil lamps :)

Ive got a stunning purchase on its way to me & im struggling to work out who its made by. PSL, PSU, PUS? Its one of these.. looks to me from a quick google that its imperial empire but I want to know for sure, can anybody help please?

Much love

Attached Files:

KSW, Bronwen, johnnycb09 and 3 others like this.
  2. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

You might try google lens and see what it comes up with.

KSW likes this.
  3. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

PS .Welcome fellow collector.

KSW likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The auction house said " in the manner of Alfred Stellmacher." Did you start there?

Debora

KSW likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not Stellmacher's mark.

Debora

203180_8.jpg 203178_8.jpg

KSW likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

To my eye, the mark reads "PS&L" but I don't think that's right.

Debora

1100598762 2.jpeg

KSW and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It’s certainly European from the numbering. I’d have thought German or Austrian.

KSW and johnnycb09 like this.
  8. CollectorOfTheLamp

Thankyou all,
    The auction house couldn't give me more info than what they already provided.
    So far it seems to me to possibly be German or Austrian I'd concluded that much already. The search continues :hungover:

KSW likes this.
  9. CollectorOfTheLamp

I concur, looks to be, but seems incorrect.

KSW and Debora like this.
  10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

You might try to research Pfeiffer & Lowenstein which had a factory in Ostrov. They have a very small section in my Bohemian Decorated Porcelain book. They used a PLS mark although the mark pictured in the book has the three letters in a straight row.

KSW likes this.
  11. CollectorOfTheLamp

Thankyou, I had found that maker yesterday & ended the day researching them. The mark seems closest to theirs than any other Im finding. Strange though as all I can find made by Pfeiffer Lowenstein Schlackenwerth is plates and cups. Maybe its a little more individual than I first thought.

Ive just bought my first Stellmacher piece to start growing my porcelain collection, cant wait! (Ive yet to tell my good lady, I'm not sure shes going to be too impressed:wideyed:)

dgbjwc and kentworld like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted