Give away: Glass cup and saucer, cut, with gilt and blue

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by say_it_slowly, Jan 8, 2020.

1. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

This is the cup and saucer we talked about and if anyone would like to have it I'm very happy to send it anywhere in the US for free. I'd post outside the US but depending on the shipping might want to share that cost.

If you're interested just post your interest here and if more than one person is interested I'll draw a name next Wednesday, 1/15 by the end of the day. If you're the winner and outside the US you're very welcome to decline if the shipping turns out to be too high and I'll move to the next person.

I don't believe it has any cracks or chips. There is some wear to the gilding and there are some little light lines/scratches/stretch marks? on the upper side of the foot near the stem as seen in the last photo. The saucer is 5" in diameter and the cup is 2½" high.

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/glass-cup-and-saucer-cut-with-gilt-and-a-bit-of-blue.45427/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

upload_2020-1-8_7-45-6.png

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I would love to own this and would be glad to pay postage and the cost of packaging, though I am in the US. Thank you for offering this. It is so beautiful and delicate!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  3. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

While I am NOT going in the draw..just wanted to say how nice this is and how nice of you to offer it !!

4. say_it_slowly

Aww thanks Janettekay. I'm shifting things around so that I can replace some flooring later this year. (which of course means moving all the breakables) Seems a good time to find homes for some things:) The local food bank thrift is getting a bunch of stuff but something like this I doubt would survive their handling.

Got you Kiko:)

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    Thank you, I too, would like to be put in the draw please (as if I need another C&S;)).
    I would be willing to pay the shipping.

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Definitely NOT IN, SiS, just wanted to say how lovely this is!!!!! Someone's going to be very happy!!!!!

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

This Klutz will admire this delicate beauty in the photos. It’s beautiful and so generous of you to offer. :)Good Luck to all those who enter.

8. say_it_slowly

Got you cluttered! I am really happy to send this for free....really!

9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Can I be in, please? More than happy to pay shipping.

10. say_it_slowly

11. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

OH MY GOODNESS .. So beautiful !! Please add my name too ... Joy. :)

say_it_slowly and i need help like this.
  12. say_it_slowly

13. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

So pretty -- although I'm going to pass on this one, I'm glad that some people are in the draw. I love the give aways!

say_it_slowly and Christmasjoy like this.
  14. say_it_slowly

Just thought I'd recap, so far there are four interested and if anyone else wants in I'll give it a couple more hours then do a random name draw. I'm really delighted that someone wants it!

15. say_it_slowly

Ok just drew and @clutteredcloset49 it's yours if you still want it! Just send me your name/address as a private message and I'll get it off to you:). If you've changed your mind just let me know and I'll draw again.

16. clutteredcloset49

Oh Wow! Thank you so much.

17. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS Clutteredcloset !! ENJOY ... Joy. :):):)

18. clutteredcloset49

@say_it_slowly
    Want to thank SIS for the absolutely beautiful cup and sauce. It is even prettier than the pictures.
    What a GREAT pack job. It arrived in pristine condition.

Again thank you for the beautiful gift.:)
    I've sent a PM.

19. say_it_slowly

You're very welcome, glad it found a home!

20. say_it_slowly

Draft saved Draft deleted