GIVE AWAY Sparkly Crystal Fish Objet d'Art

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by moreotherstuff, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

May as well try to make it sound grand. No idea who made it or if it's worth anything, but it sure is purdy. The base is about 2 1/2" across.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draw Tuesday evening. Free shipping.

Merry Christmas to somebody!

GaleriaGila and KingofThings like this.
  2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

It's adorable. The GLASSIES here will be excited!
    I don't need it, but I recently learned what a glassie is and I wanted to use it in a sentence.
    Good luck, glassies!

3. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Gila,

That Diamond might be real ;)

KingofThings and GaleriaGila like this.
  4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

*sitting up, squinting, close to the screen*

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It's too cute......I'm in.....Please !

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm in, too. :)

7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

I'm out -- but she's adorable! I think her name is Penelope.

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Is she Nemo's sister, silver? :p

I have no room for her (so don't put me on the list) but she is cute!

9. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Ha!!!!!

10. KingofThings

I can't stand it any more....
    My 'little voice' keeps telling me to jump in the game for my Granddaughter would like it. :)

GaleriaGila likes this.
  11. komokwa

get her something else...!!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin:

12. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

:confused: :rolleyes:

GaleriaGila likes this.
  13. KingofThings

:eek::wideyed: :wacky::woot: :D:D:D

GaleriaGila and komokwa like this.
  14. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

I would also love to be "in" for this one!
    Thanks!

GaleriaGila likes this.
  15. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

@GaleriaGila : Gila, you can help pick the winner. Message me with a number between 1 and 10 (but don’t reveal it here).

On Tuesday evening, I will sum up those who are entered in the draw, then each of them can pick a number and whoever is closest, without going over, will win.

But, Gila, I need your pick before that happens (asap). Of course, if you don’t want to, I’ll look for another participant.

On an unrelated note: has everyone heard of the Monty Hall paradox? You are offered a choice of doors – A, B, and C. Behind one of these doors is a fabulous prize; behind the other two – junk. So you pick a door and then Monty goes over and opens one of the other doors to reveal junk. You then have the choice: keep the door you originally picked, or select the remaining door instead. What do you do?

The obvious reasoning is that, with your original selection, you had a 1-in-3 chance of choosing the treasure. Take away 1 door, there are 2 left, so your chances are now 50/50. This is a fallacy.

With your original selection, you did indeed have a 1-in-3 chance of choosing the treasure. That means that there was a 2-in-3 chance that the treasure was behind one of the other 2 doors. Eliminate one of those doors and the 2-in-3 chance rides on the remaining door.

Statistically, your best chance of winning is to change your selection. It’s not a sure thing, but it is the statistically favorable choice. You can find emulators online that will help you to test this. Just look up the Monty Hall Paradox.

16. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I am so honored!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pick is on the way!
    *consulting the spirit world, then acting*

KingofThings likes this.
  17. komokwa

How do you stop 2 or 3 folks from picking the same number ?

No one will pick #10...:hilarious:

18. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

If the magic number was 10, then selecting 10 would win. If the magic number was 1, then only the number 1 could win (all other numbers being greater). If the magic number was 5 and one person selected 2 while another selected 6, then the number 2 would win as 6 would be over the magic number.

I suppose entrants can post their selection anytime, but they can only select one number and cannot change their mind except for the following: if 2 people select the same number, that number will go to the entrant with the earliest post while the other will have to choose a different number. Once a number has been selected, it is deemed eliminated from the pool of available numbers.

How's that?

The magic number has been selected (thank you Gila), so cogitate, prognosticate, and anticipate.

Tuesday evening I will post a summation of the entrants. That post will be the cutoff for eligibility. If an entrant fails to post a number within 48hrs of that list being posted, they will be disqualified and the winner will be picked from those who have made their selection.

Have I missed anything? Time to bring in the lawyers?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    KingofThings likes this.
  19. komokwa

That's why 10....is a poor selection....there's only one chance to win.....all other numbers could be a winner....or lower than the selected number....10 can't.

Did you miss anything?.......maybe.

Let's say Gila picked 2 ....and everyone else picks a higher number.....then no one wins....what then ?;)

KingofThings likes this.
  20. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Sure am glad not to be in this one! I can't do math at noontime, let alone first thing in the morning. Before coffee. OY!

cxgirl and KingofThings like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.