Glad to find this forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kjtown, Oct 28, 2018.

1. kjtown

kjtown New Member

I'm glad to find this forum! I have a very small collection, some of which is inherited and a few items that I've inexplicably drawn to; usually color combination or beautiful floral design.

Kathy
    Everett, Washington State (about 20 - 40 minutes north of Seattle, depending on traffic!) Beautiful area, awful traffic especially since the growth of Amazon in the Seattle community and other tech industries - Microsoft east of Bellevue and Google 'taking over' downtown Bothell.

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hi Kathy! Greetings from your neighbor to the south! :)

i need help, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. kjtown

kjtown New Member

Thank you! Then you definitely understand the traffic and changes we've seen! I love your profile picture : )

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Greetings....u guys make the best cherries !!!

i need help, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. kjtown

kjtown New Member

We love it when Rainier cherries start showing up. The eastern side of the state (east of the Cascades) produces wonderful apples, cherries, pears, peaches and grapes - more and more wineries popping up.

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Everett = airplanes, not cherries. ;)

i need help, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  7. kjtown

kjtown New Member

Yes, Boeing and Boeing traffic! Boeing is a big part of what what brought my Dad and my father-in-law here from back east. When I make a trip back to visit, I'm envious of what you can find in thrift stores and garage sales versus what we find out here. The stuff my cousins' think of as junk are treasures to us.

8. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Kathy !!! ... Joy.

i need help likes this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Kathy! :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome; from another neighbor about 40 minutes south of you.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  11. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Kj!

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  12. kjtown

kjtown New Member

Everyone - thank you so much for the warm welcome!!! This seems like a wonderful group! Steve, I love your kitty picture - we have 3 cats which means I have to keep all items that I don't want to end up on the floor in pieces inside my refurbished pie safe! One of my cats apparently picked up a sweet hand painted dish and dropped it on my granite countertop . . . found it in pieces after arriving home one day; so sad; it was a sweet piece. Too many small pieces to put back together.

Draft saved Draft deleted