Glass cake stand - EAPG?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Apr 13, 2016.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

This has a similar look to King's Crown, except the ovals / dots aren't inverted like the so-called thumbprint patterns. It's 9-5/8" in diameter, and 4-5/8" high.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Top view:
    IMG_9100.JPG

Profile:
    IMG_9101.JPG

Join point:
    IMG_9102.JPG

Foot detail:
    IMG_9103.JPG

Base:
    IMG_9104.JPG

Glows yellow-green (if that matters in this case, which I realize it usually doesn't, but I was surprised my camera actually picked up the color, and I didn't want to waste the photo - ;)
    IMG_9106.JPG

Brenda Anna likes this.
  2. UncleChuckTX

I think I found it. If only I'd waited 30 minutes to post - LOL.

Is this correct (via Patternglass site)?:

CAROLINA aka MAYFLOWER aka INVERNESS is the pattern
    made by the U S Glass Company ca. 1903 to honor both
    North Carolina & South Carolina.

I also found other pieces of this pattern listed on eBay, with Bryce Glass somehow thrown in the mix. I'm still woefully ignorant on EAPG after all these years.

Brenda Anna likes this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

correct USG #15083 Carolina c1903

4. Wanttoknow

Wanttoknow Well-Known Member

Wow! I didn't know that Cake Stands look so cool! :cyclops:

ola402 likes this.
  5. UncleChuckTX

Thank you!

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Be very careful, EAPG Cake Stands can be very compelling / addictive. Am I correct, Don? LOL! My absolute favorite can be viewed on Don's site, called Silver Queen (and he has so many others!). But I won't let myself have one (no storage) and too many diabetics in the family (although that doesn't stop them from eating cake, but I try). EAPG Cake Stands are like potato chips . . .

Oh, here is a Silver Queen that I sold a good while back. Someone pinned it on Pinterest (not me, maybe the buyer did it). Isn't this pattern luscious? c8aeeeb17fcce75c1756e0512a3ef820.jpg

7. Wanttoknow

Wanttoknow Well-Known Member

Oh! I see not only me buying again and again cute old stuff and ....hiding in storage! :D

8. TallCakes

ditto Pam; like potato chips, once you've have one EAPG cake stand you can't stop...
    I first started 'cause I wanted a nice birthday cake display... now I have around 300 of them.

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I loved the cake stands but since I had no room I tried cake plates. Now I have over 50 of them. They take less space but still no room to display them. Perhaps when the new kitchen gets started, I'll have room. The biggest display problem I had was in Brooklyn, I had 30 Vaseline Pitchers.
    greg

Wanttoknow likes this.
  10. TallCakes

I added a cantilevered glass shelf surrounding the dining area, which can handle around 87 stands for now; so they are displayed and out of the way. If I get rid of the soffit over the kitchen cabinets I could add a bunch more : )

Brenda Anna likes this.
  11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi TallCakes,
    I can not wait to get rid of soffit in my kitchen but I will get taller cabinets instead of using the space to display. In my old house I had built in shelving all around the dining room. It was wonderful, it had two slots for placing plates in front of plates, since it was 8" wide not quite enough for cake stands but for everything else, plates, platters, figurines and etc. Once I had an old anatomical skull that sat there for several years until "wifey" put her foot down and it had to go. I replaced it with a plaster death mask of someone, which was okay until she found out what it was. I told her it was a sculpture of someone. :rolleyes:
    greg

*crs* and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted