Glass decanter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Evangeline Gutierrez, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Can anyone identify this glass decanter, carafe or vase?
    32BB9BF3-4469-45C8-A8BE-6059B05C9B20.jpeg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

a photo of the base might help...
    where did you get it ?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Purchased from Goodwill. Let me take one of the base. I do not see any marks on it.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

1950s/60s
    Flashed or stained. I always get the two mixed up. Someone will be along to clarify. Basically the purple lustre color is applied.
    Be sure to check back. People come and go all day.

Kind of hard to see the pattern with all the water drops. Maybe post another picture once it has dried.

What is the diameter of the opening? It's not ground for a stopper, but sometimes this glass wasn't.

pearlsnblume, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. The pattern is floral and it's etched in. The diameter appears to be 3 or 4 inches give or take. It just caught my eye which is usually the case with me. I liked the look of it and it seemed vintage. Little dirty inside which is why I cleaned it out. When it fully dries I can take better photos.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

The decoration appears to be wheel cut. Also acid etching for this would be more expensive.. Nice looking water bottle or carafe. The basic design has been around a long time

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I was leaning toward carafe as well. That's why I was asking how big the top pouring area was.

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted