Featured Glass Face Signature Help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cxgirl, Jun 8, 2018.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    I picked up these 2 faces and while they are marked I'm not able to read what the mark says. I'm seeing ____ Western but can't make out what would be in the blank.
    Different sizes, 6 1/4"H & 5 3/4"H.
    Any idea appreciated.
    thanks for looking
    DSCF0651.jpg DSCF0612.jpg DSCF0613.jpg DSCF0646.jpg DSCF0647.jpg DSCF0610.jpg

2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Those are too cool! Whatever is before Western just looks like a logo to me. Might be formed out of the letters WE.

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Oooo,me likey ! I bet you they were shades for a light fixture. They remind me of a movie but I cant quite put my finger on it.

4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks Aaron & Johnny:)
    Yes, I agree but nothing comes up in a search for me. I've been searching logos but still zip

They would be very cool on a light fixture!

pearlsnblume, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

They remind me of Metropolis.

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I find similar if I call them bookends. Not that company yet.

7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Thats it ! thank you ! It would have driven me crazy. :) Maybe those notches held something else,a headpiece of some sort,like a roman laurel wreath.

8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

yes, that is the movie:)
    thanks for looking ineedhelp:)

9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

File Not Found! :banghead:
    I guess they’re not bookends as they are different sizes. I could see those side grooves used to secure to a wall with metal clips, maybe.
    They remind me of these Pop Art faces.
    Will keep looking.
    Bump for other eyes! :pompous:

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy, judy and cxgirl like this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks i need help! No, not bookends but could be used as such:) Yes, those grooves could be for clips, they are deep into the faces so the could be held in place.
    here is the link to the pieces you posted, they are on ebay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PA...151582876528?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Christmasjoy, judy and i need help like this.
  11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi .....I have a question....if you turn both faces (i.e. the left one in the same direction as the one on the RIGHT) the same, do you see the mark that I have circled on the cheek of the RIGHT FACE, on the left face???? I think I "could" see a G D in that circle.....mind you I stress "could".....it could just be an imperfection in one of your two lovely faces.....I LOVE that they're not identical!!!!

zzzDSCF0646.jpg

12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

DSCF0666.jpg
    amazing you could see that Aquitaine! Looks like an imperfection in the glass.

13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OK, glad you checked it out!!!!

Christmasjoy, cxgirl and i need help like this.
  14. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    pearlsnblume, cxgirl, dgbjwc and 3 others like this.
  15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks @TallCakes :) The logo looks similar but I don't think they are the same. I found they are bottle manufacturers, were bought out by Owens-Illinois Glass in 2000.
    Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 8.13.26 AM.jpg DSCF0613.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted