glass iridescent cobalt blue compote

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven S., Mar 30, 2017.

1. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

This iridescent compote looks opaque but when held up to light is transparent cobalt. 6" tall by 7" wide. The stem is hollow with a ground edge. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

aaaaaDSC05231 (1).jpg aaaaaDSC05234 (1).jpg

CGB_Spender and judy like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

very pretty.
    Is it iridescent on the stem and foot as well as the bowl?

3. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

It is iridescent all over.

4. clutteredcloset49

The only thing I can say is that it is nicely done with the cut and polished base.

I don't know who did.
    I don't know if it is very old.
    May be something more current from a good glass house (possibly European) and not a new Asian piece.
    I don't think it is depression era, also I do not think an American company would have a hollow base.
    But that is only my opinion. And my opinions are often way off.

5. clutteredcloset49

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Would think this Czech/Bohemian. Had a differently decorated footed bowl with the Loetz oval Czech mark that had a very similar base.

Draft saved Draft deleted