Featured Glass - Is This A Perfume Lamp?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Mar 5, 2019.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Buddies - I'm not sure exactly what it is I've got here. The glass portion is about 5 3/4" tall and it sits on a metal base. There is a socket of some type at the bottom of the inside and a small brass cap that sits on the top. The milk glass base seems to have had a ruby spray applied and then was carved back to the white. It has a perfume smell. If anyone could tell me what this is and any other information it would be greatly appreciated.
    Don

IMG_20190303_144633363.jpg IMG_20190303_144712621.jpg IMG_20190303_144801077.jpg IMG_20190303_144913438.jpg

2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

3. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Really Pretty!

dgbjwc likes this.
  4. scoutshouse

It's breaking my heart, because mine broke :(

Cer_002 Perfume Lamp-1-2.jpg

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Oh no, I remember that one. :(

pearlsnblume and scoutshouse like this.
  6. scoutshouse

After all that work - and excitement! Just moving crap around, I crashed it into something. R.I.P. Spanish Lady :banghead:

judy, pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

:oops::(:(:(...............I know how that feels..

8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I think we have all been there at least once. I know I have done it a few times myself & it generally just sucks!!! :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

judy, Any Jewelry and scoutshouse like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

a pair of vintage...hehe... Waterford scotch tumblers slipped from my hands while packing them for a move.......... tears rolling down my eyes !!!
    That was indeed a pretty lady , Scouts !!!
    Looks like Gila !

judy, pearlsnblume and scoutshouse like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

A beautiful Czech glass Diana with deer in my case.:arghh: I put her out of the way so I wouldn't drop a heavy book on her, lost my balance and dropped the heavy book on her.:arghh::bigtears::bigtears:

11. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Scouts so pretty. I dropped a McCoy mug when getting out of my car after going to many garage sales that day. It shattered. It was the one with the smiley face.
    :(:mad:

12. scoutshouse

Ecstasy tempered with misery - We've all been there, comrades :)

13. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Me too :mad:. Still remember the day I came home with an absolutely stunning piece of American Brilliant cut glass and promptly dropped it as I unwrapped it...all I had was a pile of very sparkly slivers of glass...:jawdrop:

14. scoutshouse

Sad! :(
    Still remember one of my first attempts to remove gunk from a handblown decanter...

I was using comet and salt (gentle!) and - I have no idea why I even had them - BBs!

Swirling away, but I stopped too suddenly - the BBs just crashed straight through the glass!

Draft saved Draft deleted