Featured Glass Perfume Bottle - Engraved?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Jan 13, 2020.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Using @TallCakes's find's text, I found this. Not a perfume bottle, but with Egermann's motifs and a matching stopper. Here is the text from that post

"Rare antique Bohemian glass decanter with an upper ruby layer from the company Egermann. The company Egermann is one of the oldest glass enterprises in the Czech Republic, has more than 200 years of history. Hand blown, extraordinary complex shape. The decanter was probably made at the end of the 19th century. The upper ruby layer of glass is engraved on the lower clear layer. And thus appears only inherent in the Egermann style design with patterns, castles, deer and birds. The decanter has an original paper label - Egermann Glas."

[​IMG]
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/680011820/antique-biedermeier-bohemian-decanter

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    i need help and Bakersgma like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I was wandering through an antiques store today and saw this and remembered your post. This one had a sticker though I didn't realize it was out of focus until I got ready to put it here.

It says Egermann and under that Czech Republic. It is a different shape and was tall, maybe 10" or so. They were asking $24.50 for it if that helps.

img20200115_211515.jpg img20200115_211606.jpg img20200115_211647.jpg

3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for this. It helps to confirm the Egermann origins. I don't sell - just buy and enjoy, so how much it is worth is not as important. It's source and history is what interests me.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    say_it_slowly and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted