Glass pieces help please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Happy!, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Been awhile since I posted, hope you all are doing well. Am at a loss in identifying these pieces. I apologize for the poor pictures, they were taken in a rush. We won't be back at the location for another week, so these are all I have. No time for measurements when we took these, unfortunately. The bowls were, I think, about 8-10 inches wide at the top, if I am remembering correctly. The last picture, the compote, has a smaller top. Thanks for any help.
    A. CLEAR:
    DSC00594 400.jpg DSC00595 400.jpg
    B. GREEN
    DSC00598 400.jpg DSC00600 400.jpg
    c. PINK
    DSC00606 400.jpg
    D. COMPOTE WITH CLEAR BASE, SLIGHTLY YELLOW TOP
    Also any clues on the 4 glasses around it? DSC00612 400.jpg

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Realizing your problem, just a suggestion, use a background with no figures, photo dark glass against a light background, light, transparent glass against a dark background. It'll make our job a lot easier.

Happy!, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The first might be Diana, a Depression glass pattern, but I don't know that I've come across a bowl with a rolled edge in that pattern. I would try Anchor Hocking for the green bowl but that's a guess. I'd need to see the whole glass to tell anything about the goblets. But, frankly, I'm not sure any of them are worth buying, at least not for resale.
    Don

Happy! likes this.
  4. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Looking at the stems of your glasses, it could be Swedish Crystal, North Star pattern.

Happy! likes this.
  5. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Thanks Cherryhill and everyone. Yes, I knew the pics were bad, but figured what the heck? Gave it a try, just in case someone recognized something. We were only allowed 5 minutes in, so no time to stage pictures well. I have some more I will post soon. When we go back later, hopefully the lighting will allow better pictures and maybe I can find a good background in advance.

Don, yes, this is an estate and I feared they would not be "worth" much. I am just glad to be able to ID them. There is a similar rolled edge Diana on eBay so perhaps it is that. The green AH looks about right. Not much value again.

Sandra, I see what you mean, maybe the glasses are that pattern. When we go back I will check again. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted