Featured Glass Rooster on Stand - Any Information

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Dec 18, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Something about this speaks to age in my mind. Not antique, but not new. I can't put my finger on it. Does anyone have a finger to share? The eye is an open space created by flipping? over the tail of the clear glass neck. It is 7 inches tall; 4 from front to back and 2 1/2 wide. There are no marks. Any thoughts appreciated.

IMG_2988.jpg IMG_2990.jpg IMG_2991.JPG IMG_2993.JPG IMG_2996.JPG IMG_2997.JPG

Figtree3, johnnycb09, judy and 4 others like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think it may be Brazilian. They used stands like that.

judy, dude, bercrystal and 4 others like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Oh. That's exciting. I don't have anything from Brazil. Thank you.

judy, dude, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

An assemblage of colored glass parts automatically made me think Murano, but the base also caught my attention as something unusual, although I have no idea of its significance in determining origin.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tootled around Google Brasil and eBay Brasil and all similar pieces are described as Murano.

Debora

KikoBlueEyes and dude like this.
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Figtree3, Pat Dennis, judy and 2 others like this.
  7. dude

dude Well-Known Member

I see a lot of glass roosters while thrifting and most have "Made in Italy" tags. Here's one similar to yours: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1101704930/italian-art-glass-rooster-figurine-hand?click_key=d99f4ccfba010791036c37eb66eb41364e972be9:1101704930&click_sum=85ea1fc4&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=clear+glass+rooster&ref=sr_gallery-1-1

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks for tracking this down. I saw a lot of roosters on line, but not one like this.

judy and dude like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

The base got me too. Actually, that was the vintage part to me. Thanks for looking.

judy, dude and Bronwen like this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

I very much appreciate you looking. That article took me by surprise too until I read the part about them agreeing to change the name to Murano inspired. :D

judy likes this.
  11. KikoBlueEyes

I never thought of looking in those places. Thank you. I wondered if this is like the Murano (inspired) pieces discussed in the article that @moreotherstuff found. So both Brazilian and "Murano." I appreciate your taking the time to look. I see a lot of art glass while doing research and this presentation was unlike any I had ever seen. Murano produces a lot of roosters, but not on this kind of base that I've seen, so this maybe a Brazilian interpretation. I have no idea.

moreotherstuff and judy like this.
  12. dude

dude Well-Known Member

My pleasure.

judy likes this.
  13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Let's take this a step further... From a quick internet search it seems .... NOVICA is an "impact marketplace" web site selling the work of international artisans. They do sell Murano-inspired glass from Brazil but nothing like (at the moment) your rooster. You can check out their offering here.

https://www.novica.com

Debora

Figtree3 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  14. KikoBlueEyes

So appreciate the link and the research. These are the types of things, I don't know about. I see a lot of rooster imagery though.

Draft saved Draft deleted