Glass Studio Fused Glass Dish - Not Sure How to Describe

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Oct 5, 2017.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Buddies - I've got a dish measuring just a hair under 7" square and about 1 3/4" tall on the upturned corners. The design is three-dimensional and I'm not quite sure how to describe it. Is this fused glass? Chipped ice? It is etched GLASS STUDIO and has a kind of blob to the left of the mark that I'm assuming is the company logo. Thanks for any information you can provide!
    Don

IMG_20171005_105705143.jpg IMG_20171005_105740659.jpg IMG_20171005_105822247.jpg

Any Jewelry and KingofThings like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Don......could the piece be signed Glass Eye Studio?

dgbjwc likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Judy - Great suggestion but I looked it over real well but I can't find the word "Eye". I'm trying to find marks for Glass Eye and this type of dish under their products but no luck so far. Thanks for your help.
    Don

judy likes this.
  4. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Reminds of the things I saw coming out of some fusing shops 20-30 years ago. They provided kilns and some sheet glass and you could go in and make your own pattern which they would fuse for you. Similar to the decorate your own pottery shops.

judy likes this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I tried to find their mark also, but no luck.

I had a piece a few years ago, but I forget what the mark looked like.

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I wish there were more glass fusing places. I used them to repair a wonderful old silver salt. The blue glass was missing and it was an odd shape. A friend who used to do glass fusing made me a mold and fused blue glass piece into the shape I needed. It was wonderful.
    greg

Nonisnkls and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted