Glass swan with stamp pressed into glass... "Gold Hill recycle 901"

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be so easy to research, but finding zilch. Not a huge investment, $2.99. Glass swans aren't totally my thing, but this one was kind of fun, might look good for a Christmas party with candies or something.

For now, mostly wondering about that stamp which is right in the center of the bowl. It seems to read: "Gold Hill 1974 Recycling", plus the number "901". Can anyone find anything online that I missed? Assuming this is recycled glass, but what else?

swan3.jpg swan3b.jpg swan4.jpg swan4b.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

3. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Also realize the toothpick holder in the blog I linked wasn’t made there, it’s probably Northwood/Dugan.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

@anundverkaufen Thank you! Amazing you found that! I'll see if I can get access to that article in the Colorado Springs Gazette. Interesting to know about this!

Many thanks. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted