Featured Glassies: Emerald Green Vanity Jar?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Apr 3, 2022.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Help me out here if you will, please. I assume this is a vanity jar? 4 3/4" to top of finial x 3 3/8" diameter lid. Emerald green with a diamond optic pattern that can be felt inside and outside the jar. Spiral finial has gold fleck as well as the rigaree? on the bottom edge. The gold flecks make me think Italian in origin but the rigaree I've seen on British glass. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you. ItalyGreen.JPG ItalyGreen2.JPG ItalyGreen3.JPG ItalyGreen4.JPG ItalyGreen5.JPG ItalyGreen6.JPG ItalyGreen7.JPG

Aquitaine, judy, kyratango and 4 others like this.
  2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Very pretty! If I didn't have 1000 cats I would fill it with Q-Tips and have it on my dresser.

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd say your Italian theory is right. The gold inclusions are more typical. You're correct that we used rigaree a lot, but the gold not so much.

KikoBlueEyes, judy and *crs* like this.
  4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Thank you obb and bdigger. I put this in a Murano/Empoli and another Murano FB group last night also with absolutely no response as of yet

pearlsnblume, KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted