Glassies, help with a whatzit! Stopper, top or lid?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Jun 30, 2021.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I came for assistance but I definitely need it now! I know this is sun-purpled, know it's patent date is December 7, 1915, it is 4½" in diameter and it weighs just over 3/4 of a pound. It looks like it should fit in a huge pipe, but glass????? And what's with the little flange-y fingers on the underside?
    Help!

Linda

DSCN0003 (2).JPG DSCN0004 (2).JPG DSCN0005 (2).JPG DSCN0006 (2).JPG

judy and TallCakes like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I'll wade in. Looks like a lid. Maybe the vessel it fits is something like an angel food cake pan, with a hollow core?

judy likes this.
  3. lvetterli

Thanks, @Bronwen. I meant to say thanks after my photos to any and everyone who gives this a shot. It looks pretty industrial to me.

Linda

judy and Bronwen like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. lvetterli

Holy Cow! And just how in heck did you find that????? Awesome! Now to see if there's any out there...........

Thank you thank you thank you!

judy, KikoBlueEyes, patd8643 and 4 others like this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7. lvetterli

Found one on eBoo as well. Doesn't look too exciting but I'll hang on to it for now. Thank you again, Mystery Solver!

Linda

8. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    DizzyDaff, pearlsnblume, judy and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted