Glassies...help with punch bowl pattern ID please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sassafras, Jul 10, 2018.

1. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

This is another piece from the estate that I'm working on. Every piece of glass in this house so far has been signed. This is literally the only piece that isn't marked. It's 2 pcs and is 10 1/2" tall and 10" in diameter. Anyone recognize this?

DSCN5256_24239.JPG DSCN5257_24240.JPG DSCN6206_25189.JPG

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Appears to be ABP cut glass.
    If it is signed, it will be a light acid etch very difficult to find. It sometimes shows up when the glass is damp, not wet. You will need good light while you twist and turn the bowl.
    Look at the center inside the bowl
    upload_2018-7-10_22-52-21.png

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Any cups? At the size you stated, it may not be a punch bowl. It might be a pedestal bowl, 2 pieces. It is lovely. Does it look like cut glass as cluttered suggested? If it is, so much of that was not marked and personally, I find it almost impossible to ID. If you can't find a mark, you can price it for its awesomeness, lol, and see if someone appreciates it. I searched ebay for "ABP Pedestal Bowl" and folks there were calling pedestal bowls as small as 8 3/4" punch bowls. IDK, but that won't hold much punch, not to mention a ladle. And none of those bowls have cups.

clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
  4. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

I'll check again for a mark. It does feel like cut glass.

There aren't any cups or a ladle. Pedestal bowl makes much more sense. Thank you!

5. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Also try fruit bowl.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted