Glassies, Indian Chief toothpick and Red & White Basket Please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Apr 24, 2019.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. I have a couple of things I need some help with. This 3" high blue slag glass toothpick is one of them. I have seen these identified at Joe St. Clair, Fenton and even Boyd. This isn't marked but I'd like to have an ID if possible.

DSCN0016.JPG DSCN0017 (2).JPG DSCN0018.JPG

Next is this white hobnail basket with a red interior. No marks and I can't find it in my one Fenton book or anywhere online. I'm sure I'm not using the right key words, ruby and flame get me zip and blood-red just wouldn't fly, I don't think. Help pretty please! DSCN0002 (2).JPG DSCN0003 (2).JPG DSCN0005 (2).JPG
    Yeesh! Didn't realize how dusty it is until seeing the pics!

Thanks for any and all assistance!

Linda

Bronwen likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Don't know how accurately the color is reaching my monitor, but it looks sort of blood orange in color, so maybe use your same key words substituting orange for red.

Love the glass of the toothpick; if only it were modeled to be something else...

3. Bronwen

4. lvetterli

It really is red-toward-orange. So far no luck.

Bronwen likes this.
  5. lvetterli

Bronwen likes this.
  6. Bronwen

Could the color combo be coral overlay?

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. Bronwen

9. Bronwen

A confusing passage from the above:

Kanawha made three blown hob nail patterns and one pressed. They look like this: 1. Widely spaced hemispherical hobs which look pressed. (259) 2. Widely spaced somewhat irregular hobs, which look blown. (194) 3. Closely spaced hemispherical hobs which look pressed (Yellow) 4. Closely spaced pressed hobs. (Candlestick) (Fenton) (Remember to check the inside!).

Leads by saying K made 3 blown & 1 pressed, then enumerates 3 pressed & 1 blown.

i need help likes this.
  10. Bronwen

If author is more accurate here, OP's basket meets criterion for K bumps:

These bumps are sometimes hemispherical, as at Kanawha. Sometimes they are pointed, and pretty sharp as well, as at Fenton and other places.

yourturntoloveit and i need help like this.
  11. lvetterli

That certainly does look the same as the one I have! Thanks @i need help ! I did read that @Bronwen and mine look like Kanawha's. Now I know about that!

12. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

The Indian TP is a reproduction but I do not know by whom maybe China.

judy and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted