Glassies: Silver overlay? bowl. Who dunnit?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Nov 19, 2020.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Ok folks, here is another one that I've exhausted my research on. I've searched google images, replacement images, chataboutdg. I'm not sure if this is silver overlay (pattern seams) or not. May be platinum? Wrights silver cream won't clean it. You would think the shape would give it away as to who did the blank. I find it odd that the decoration is inside the bowl. Approximately 12" handle-handle x 3 1/4" high. Any assistance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. SilverOverlay.JPG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

komokwa and TallCakes like this.
  2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

3. *crs*

Hey Don!!! Thank you. I assumed this was silver but it is gray and like I mentioned, I was unable to clean it with Wright's Silver cream.

komokwa and TallCakes like this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

patd8643, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  5. *crs*

Yes sir that looks like the etch. You're to good Don!!! Thank you much!

patd8643, komokwa and TallCakes like this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

JMHO, but I wouldn't call it silver (or platinum) overlay, I would call it silver (or platinum) encrusted etch, different process :)

*crs* likes this.
  7. *crs*

Thank you

Draft saved Draft deleted