Featured Glassies, some help with crystal wineglasses?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, May 31, 2017.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all. These followed me home today,I really need to stop ! But they are so beautiful I was forced. They are 8 1/2 high,3 or so wide,and I thought Italian because of the red rim,but now I dont know. I literally got a headache trying to google image it. :) Any input is always appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aren't they pretty ? :)

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Does the orange go down through the stem?
    Made me think of Orefors Intermetso (sp) Blue

3. johnnycb09

Nope. I looked at 100s of glasses and couldnt find ones to match. I do feel like they are quality ,the ombre colors are stunning in the sunlight.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Johnny, those are just delightful - very summery!

I, too, was thinking Orrefors or similar (like Eva, for instance - shape, not color) but then I found this one, from (believe it or not) Pier One Imports!

It's a standard wine glass, not a balloon wine like yours, but there's certainly at least a resemblance here:

orange Pier One wine glass.jpg

Again, I'm not sure, but maybe?

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

I think you may be spot on ! Thank you SO much ! While I wish they were indeed Orrefors,for $1 a stem I can live with them being Pier 1 ! I was looking at a bunch of glass yesterday,I mean some beautiful stuff,and they were all chinese made.It got me to thinking, are these the future collectibles ? Gorgeous,well made stuff is gorgeous,well made stuff after all. There were about 5 pieces I had to MAKE myself leave behind.

SBSVC likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I mean some beautiful stuff,and they were all chinese made.It got me to thinking, are these the future collectibles ?

Just how far in the future .....???
    I'm thinking maybe......

[​IMG]

johnnycb09 and aaroncab like this.
  7. Heironymous

Heironymous Active Member

that Pier One sure is a tricky devil

How many times do I find myself gravitating toward something based on it's design, only to turn it up and see Pier 1 on the bottom?!!

johnnycb09 likes this.
  8. johnnycb09

Since Im not really a seller,I indulge myself far more than I should and buy it anyway . :)

9. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I think these are Pottery Barn circa late 80s or early 90s.

Draft saved Draft deleted