Featured Glazed Studio Pottery Hand Thrown Vessel w/Impressed H

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by laura9797, Apr 12, 2022.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I checked the pottery marks project website but did not see any mark like the one on this. I kind of thought of Tenmuko glaze but I doubt it. Very heavy vessel - seems more vintage then contemporary. Approx. height 3 in., mouth diameter 3.12 in.
    Thank you!
    IMG_5582.jpg IMG_5583.jpg IMG_5584.jpg IMG_5585.jpg IMG_5586.jpg IMG_5587.jpg

Aquitaine, komokwa and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice....the maker really liked his mark !!:playful:

laura9797 likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't know but I can give you a couple names from
    British Studio Potters' Marks by Yates-Owen & Fournier. I don't know what they make or if either are right. The Hamer mark looks good but I have no idea what his pieces actually are like.

20220412_194457.jpg 20220412_194422.jpg

Fid and Bakersgma like this.
  4. laura9797

Thank you for this information. I googled some of Hamer's pieces and don't see anything similar but that doesn't mean anything particularly if this is an early work. It is a nice little pot.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

There's an excellent Facebook group for British Studio Pottery Mystery Marks. If you ask on there, someone ought to be able to confirm the style.

6. laura9797

Thank you. I will check it out :playful:

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted