Go see what I have up at Walkers Auctions in Ottawa..Then Bid like CRAZY !!!

Discussion in 'Auctions' started by komokwa, Nov 13, 2015.

1. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

AF,

I saw a couple of the textile pieces did very well. Well beyond estimates. Same with the red rock bear (I really liked that piece)

2. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Yes, same as at the auction I attended last weekend; a few pieces went beyond, sometimes way beyond the estimates; but many more sold for far less than estimated.

GaleriaGila likes this.
  3. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

That would seem to fit with sales being down for many sellers on eCommerce sites.

GaleriaGila likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I was out last night and didn't think to look for results until today. I take it the end was a disappointment. Very sorry to hear that. Komo must be in a serious funk. :(

GaleriaGila likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

yes....indeed !
    but life goes on...........

GaleriaGila and quirkygirl like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

(((Komo))) I'm very glad to see you back. I was getting worried.

GaleriaGila and quirkygirl like this.
  7. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Santa Komo had to check his naughty/nice list and then get all those presents ready!

8. komokwa

The serious funk continues.....but I'm trying to deal with the aftermath as best i can.
    The items that didn't sell are still in play, & require my focused attention....until such time as they are back in my possession ....or sold.

That said, it was a learning experience .....one I hope to build on.....& the few items that did sell ....although not well....will net me around $10,000......so I can still put food on the table.

I also bought the two fish clubs near the end of the auction.....because they're sweet, & I had to do something to give myself a lift.

9. komokwa

Well, it's my way of being a Not So Secret Santa.....:)

& for all I know.....the ' Naughty ' folks may yet win !! Hahaha !!!!!

Figtree3 likes this.
  10. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Sorry, again, that things didn't go better, Komo. I'm glad at least some things did move!

komokwa likes this.
  11. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

I'm very glad there were some sales; and it is always sweet to find something you like, bid, and win.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted