Featured Gold? Indian? chain with chrysopras? pendant, please help ID

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by IvaPan, Jan 22, 2023.

1. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

One more issue - have you seen before this type of chain? Can it be related to a certain maker or place of origin? I myself haven't.

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That is the one I asked about too. It could possibly be the most important clue.

IvaPan likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Yes, it is quite a common chain, but because of the multiple links (gold weight) it has more value than 'regular' chains.
    No, sorry. I think the thin mark on the rolled edge both Holly and I asked about is the most important mark when it comes to identifying the origin.

IvaPan likes this.
  4. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Thank you, Any! Actually, I did not realise that you ask about this, sorry. Holly asked and I looked but could not see anything. Not that I see anything when you guys discuss eagles and lions, and...:nailbiting: I see only scratches :(

Ok then, once I get better, I will again have a look at this particular spot. Now my eyes and nose are running like a fountain, hardly can see anything. And the weather is gloomy, no sunlight for the photos. Thank you and Holly for pointing it!

About the chain - I thought it was done like this for strength and safety, it is practically doubled.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Take good care of yourself, plenty of fluids and vitamins, and get well soon.:nurse:

komokwa and IvaPan like this.
  6. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Any, I will!
    Hot ginger tea with honey and lemon, third pot on the row....
    Damn virus!

Aquitaine, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The only good thing about the virus - large quantities of ginger tea! Feel better!

Aquitaine and IvaPan like this.
  8. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Guys, I am still alive... Awful experience.
    Komo, excuses and respect for your sharp eye! It IS a mark, I looked again. I add it to all marks to be photoed properly. Not feel quite good yet though. going to bed....
    Cheers to everyone and stay well!

Lucille.b, komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Iva, get well soon, and please don't feel that you have to reply when you're not up to it. Take your time, we will be here when you're feeling better.:)

Lucille.b, komokwa and IvaPan like this.
  10. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Hi folks, I am better now after an awful week, tried it hard and this is the best result I could produce. Photoed through a magnifying glass. I post it because I promised but don't think anything meaningful can be found from these marks. They still look to me Turkish/Arabic though.
    Thank you for watching!
    mark1.jpg mark2.jpg

11. Any Jewelry

Glad you are back in good health.:happy:
    The mark is dark and blurry, if you're up to it, maybe you can take a photo of the mark facing the light?

I am clearly no master tweaker but it could say 50? Maybe a badly stamped 750, 18K gold?
    Next to it is a row of X's, that is often a European maker's code for their own use.

mark2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  12. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Any! And well done! I am so bad at this that I just gave up :(
    I mentioned those Xs but had no idea what they might mean. Thank you again!

Here it is gloomy and no sunlight, and the pendant is so curved that it keeps rolling when I try to make the mark face the light. Now it is getting dark, I will try again tomorrow, they promised more sunshine.

13. Any Jewelry

Naughty little pendant!:playful:
    Maybe you can put it on something like a roll of sticky tape (cellotape) or something similar? The curved front can sit inside the open ring of the tape.
    I hope I explained that right.

14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@Any Jewelry, I think you got it about as good as anybody could....those are nasty little marks!!! I tried on that curve mark and came up with about the same as you!! NICE WORK!! As for that mark in the middle, my TOPAZ progam, using the 'LoRes' & enlarged 1.5X, came up with it kind of looking like a little hut or house.....not sure if that's a possibility.....or NOT!!! Maybe my eyes need to RE-focus!!:happy: And I am going to have a shot of laser in my right eye in March for some residual scar tissue that I guess came back quite a while after original cataract surg........so maybe I can blame that.....BUT I doubt it..:smuggrin::smuggrin:

CENTER MARK OVAL PART.jpg

komokwa, IvaPan and Any Jewelry like this.
  15. Any Jewelry

:shy:
    Coming from the 'tweak expert' herself, that is a real compliment!:happy::kiss:

16. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Thank you, Any, perfectly understood, I was also thinking of some fixing, I will try tomorrow and post the result. Don't expect much though.... Why are they so careless about marking, don't they know someone will have trouble decyphering them at some point?! :joyful:
    Thank you, Aquitaine, very good job! The enlarged image of the central mark looks to me like a panther or lioness on all four legs and with bowed spine. Go figure...

17. Any Jewelry

They are very good friends with those painters with illegible signatures.:eek: It is a conspiracy, I tell you.:shifty::D:joyful:

Aquitaine, komokwa and IvaPan like this.
  18. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Sure it is!!! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

19. Aquitaine

:shy::shame:

Any Jewelry, IvaPan and komokwa like this.
  20. Aquitaine

@IvaPan, Reading what you just said about that mark in the middle....now I can also see THAT too.....I can get something stuck in my mind and then see only that!!! Nice that others come up with other perspectives!!! Keeps us all on our toes!!!:singing::singing:

Any Jewelry and IvaPan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted