Featured Gold & Pearl Earring Maker Mark ID?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KevinM, May 30, 2016.

1. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

I purchased this pair of 14k gold and pearl lever back earrings yesterday and I'm not able to ID the maker mark on it. Both the earrings are stamped with 14k and have a oval with a number 8 or figure 8 mark in the oval. Also, I know the pearls are real but I'm not sure what the proper name for these pearls should be and the color. They look like a dark purple or brown.

Does anyone know who the maker mark on these earrings belong to and what type of pearls these are or anything else about them. I'm not sure of the value of these pearl earrings since when I look these type up there is a huge swing in price range and the additional info would help me figure out a value.

Thanks!
    Kevin
    HPIM3560.JPG HPIM3561.JPG HPIM3564.JPG HPIM3565.JPG HPIM3566.JPG HPIM3567.JPG

Any Jewelry, judy and lauragarnet like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

maybe Chocolate color Tahitian pearls.....

that infinity mark sure looks familliar..?????

judy likes this.
  3. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Thanks komokwa, I was also thinking Tahitian peals.

judy and komokwa like this.
  4. jackolin

jackolin Well-Known Member

Excellent photos!

i need help, judy and Aquitaine like this.
  5. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Thanks jackolin for your compliment!

i need help and judy like this.
  6. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Looking at the low grade findings....... probably dyed pearls of unknown origin made in China.

i need help, kyratango and judy like this.
  7. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

That 8 on its side is an infinity symbol. I'm about positive I've seen it before for a maker's mark. I'll hunt around a bit and see what I can find.

--- Susan

i need help, Fid, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  8. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

I once had earrings which had 14K earwires with this infinity symbol ... never figured out who's mark it was ... Too frustrating trying to Google it because mostly the results were examples of jewelry designs that incorporated the infinity symbol, not that had it as a makers mark.

I hope you have better luck with your search for an answer.

Mine may have been a different maker now that I look at a photo of them ... my symbol wasn't in an oval ... and 14K was written in decimal .585
    P1060174(1).jpg

9. Ladybranch

Welllll, I haven't found the maker, but know where I've seen this logo - on a pair of my ruby gold post earrings that were bought new in 2006. The back of the setting is marked 14Kt and a logo like 2 atoms orbiting each other. The back stopper is marked with .585 and an infinity symbol. The loops of the infinity symbol are rounder than the loops on your mark. There is now a chance the maker of at least the backs is the same as Quirky's earrings. Am including pics of the marks. The first real test of a Plugable Digital Microscope I got for my birthday.

--- Susan

RubyER.jpg
    RubyERNut.jpg

i need help, judy, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  10. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Thanks for the replies everyone and thanks for the great images quirkygirl and Ladybranch! Now that I've seen all your images I know I've seen this too before and I think it was on some 14k gold butterfly backs and most likely on some other jewelry items.

Kevin

i need help, judy and Aquitaine like this.
  11. Ladybranch

i need help likes this.
  12. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Ladybranch, yes, it looks like it been researched a lot and nobody seems to know who the infinity mark belongs to. Although, I'm sure there is someone out there who knows.

Thanks for looking into it!
    Kevin

13. KathyShmathy

KathyShmathy New Member

I just purchased a small black pearl pendant yesterday at a local estate sale. It only cost $1 which led me to believe at first it was just a pretty faux black pearl costume piece. When I got home and took a better look at it, I was surprised to find the pearl was real and the pendant is marked 14K with the infamous infinity symbol under it on the back of the bail. I tried to research it but agree that what mostly comes up on Google are infinity shaped 14k gold jewelry, not who the maker actually is. I noticed this string is almost a year old so was wondering if anyone else had actually found who is behind this frustrating hallmark. Thank you for any help! - Kathy :)

14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

a comment on one site suggested China.......tis all i could find..:sorry:

15. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've had that mark too. Never did find out who.

16. kathryn ogle

kathryn ogle New Member

Hi Guys, The Infinity symbol on 14k/ 18k Diamond jewellery belongs to Emeralds International. The items are often purchased on cruise ships, caribean ect...I hope this helps. Kate

17. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Not a clue on the mark but the color of the pearls is aubergine. Shape is oval or teardrop, can't quite tell from pix.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  18. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  19. missbeth

missbeth New Member

wait is it Emeralds International or Colombian Emeralds International ? because it looks like those are two different companies

i need help, cxgirl and kyratango like this.
  20. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome missbeth.

They could have originated from the same company. Both started with a shop in Freetown in the Bahamas, maybe one and the same shop?
    Colombian Emeralds International are now based in Ft Lauderdale, and Emeralds International in Key West.
    https://emeraldsinternational.com/our-history/
    http://www.colombianemeralds.com/About-Us_ep_7.html

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted