Featured Good Afternoon Everyone! I Need Your Help a Pendant Trinket Box Makers Mark. TY!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by ezeepass, Dec 2, 2021.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all doing well.

I bought this sterling silver locket/ remembrance trinket box and it has a marking that I know I have seen before but can’t remember where and I can’t find it. The making looks like FH to me or it could be something else. The person I got this from said he got it at an estate sale and it is an antique. It actually still had a lock of someone’s hair still in it, but I just got rid of the hair and polished it up a bit. Do you have any ideas of the mark and also the age.

As always, thank you in advance for all your help and enjoy the rest of your day.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZUNI ZZtiffzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzZZzZBbbAAA aaaaaAaaaaaaaaa1244445595556673 (5).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZUNI ZZtiffzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzZZzZBbbAAA aaaaaAaaaaaaaaa1244445595556673 (2).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZUNI ZZtiffzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzZZzZBbbAAA aaaaaAaaaaaaaaa1244445595556674.JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZUNI ZZtiffzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzZZzZBbbAAA aaaaaAaaaaaaaaa1244445595556673 (4).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZUNI ZZtiffzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzZZzZBbbAAA aaaaaAaaaaaaaaa1244445595556673 (3).JPG
    IMG_7003.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:(

In spite of the fact that it had a lock of hair in it, I think it was originally intended as a rouge compact. It is lovely.

3. ezeepass

Thank you!

dude and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. ezeepass

Would you agree that this piece/ style is early 1900's or later?

dude likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Let's wait for the people who know North American marks.:)

dude and ezeepass like this.
  6. ezeepass

Ok Thank you!

Any Jewelry and dude like this.
  7. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Agree with makeup compact. It would have had a neckchain or chain with finger ring, and could have also held loose face powder. A couple similar examples:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any Jewelry, dude, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  8. ezeepass

dude likes this.
  9. ezeepass

Oh thank you so much for responding and for posting the images

dude and bluumz like this.
  10. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I haven't had any luck with the ?FH? mark.
    "Made in" usually denotes post-1900 but wait for more learned opinions on that!
    The fact that it's marked "Sterling Silver" instead of just "Sterling" somehow makes me think post-1900, too.
    But it seems likely pre-1934 since this mark isn't present:

Screenshot (33).png

All in all, my best guess for age is 1910s. Very similar British examples with date marks are from that time period. But, like I said, do wait for other opinions.
    Very pretty!

Any Jewelry, ezeepass and dude like this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'm agreeing on rouge, meant to say that last night.

Any Jewelry and dude like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted