Featured Good Morning Everyone! I Need Your Help With a Red Crystal Bowl. Thank You!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ezeepass, Oct 13, 2023.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone! I hope all is well and happy Friday to you! This bowl is a part of the other items I got at the estate sale. This is crystal and is 12 inches wide in diameter and 3 inches high. It is heavy and there are no markings on it. I looked for red crystal bowl in search, but the pattern is more like cut glass or just glass not crystal. I wish it was marked to make my search easier, but it is not and I hope someone will be able to help me with a date or if possible the maker. If you look carefully at one of the images there is like a thumb print on the edge and at the bottom has these slit like marks around the edge. I don’t know if that means anything. Thank you all for your help and enjoy your weekend . Stay well and safe.
    23 (7).jpg 23 (4).jpg 23 (1).jpg 23 (8).jpg 23 (9).jpg 23 (10).jpg

judy, Any Jewelry, johnnycb09 and 2 others like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I love a hunk of red glass. Maybe its got those slits because it sat on a under plate. I always associate a deep red with Italian,probably wrongly. If I remember correctly they achieved that red by using gold ? Just a guess though.

3. ezeepass

Thank you Johnny for responding! I was also thinking French or Germany, but you could be right about Italy.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Ruby glass does indeed contain gold. Whitefriars made a great deal of it, too. This isn’t one of theirs though.

johnnycb09, pearlsnblume and ezeepass like this.
  5. ezeepass

Thank you Ownedbybear! I appreciate you responding to my post

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The red glass turns up here in the USA too, but doesn't ring any bells for me.

johnnycb09 and ezeepass like this.
  7. ezeepass

Thank you evelyb30! The estate I got this from the owner had a lot of items from Germany Italy and Japan. She might have been a collector or well travelled .

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Or just liked red glass. Red and cobalt both have addicts.

johnnycb09 and ezeepass like this.
  9. ezeepass

I am an addict for both

johnnycb09 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted