Gorgeous glass swan

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Sep 18, 2014.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all . I broke a cardinal rule of mine and bought this glass swan though its loaded with lime scale. I normally don't bother,too much hassle,but this thing called to me ! I got it home,tried CLR,then soaking it for hours in vinegar,and while Ive got a lot off,but theres still a lot. And its driving me crazy,lol! So,any tips on how to get rid of the rest,and any ideas who made it ? I assume its Italian ? Thanks for any help. DSCN2923.JPG DSCN2927.JPG

2. jackolin

jackolin Well-Known Member

My bet would be Made In Mexico - 70's 80's.

3. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

4. johnnycb09

You are so right, Desperatefun ! Thank you ! And thank you jackolin for your input. :)

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

When I buy stuff like this, with scale or whatever. I consider it already ruined, so anything I do to it won't hurt it. If you don't think that way then don't do what I would do.

There is a product call Nothin' Better. It's for glass. I find it at the hardware store.

I make a paste and use 4 ought steel wool or 600 black wet and dry sandpaper. Scotchbrites generally are not tough enough. I start with light scouring, but if that is not enough, I put a little elbow grease into it.

If you are worried about scratching this. Don't do it. So far I have not ruined anything. But then to me there was nothing to ruin. It either gets clean or it doesn't.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  6. johnnycb09

Ugh,your right ! I never do,and I always regret it when I do !

Draft saved Draft deleted