Featured Gorgeus necklace but no idea what it is...

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Irenka, Feb 6, 2023.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I would back out of this mess, now !

IvaPan and Irenka like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I would wait until he names his price. Emilia Kraus or not, it is a beautiful necklace.
    I would pay my price, which would not take into account a possibly fictitious story in the papers.

3. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Well, I agree with Any that it might be worth waiting for the price although the probability for a fair price without the premium for a Scheherazade tale is negligible. But it still exists.

Irenka and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Irenka

Irenka Well-Known Member

I will ask him again for the price to see what he writes off... but he sent some other jewelry because I wasn't interested in the other things...If you want, I can send some more pictures of this jewelry... but honestly, I'm only attracted to this necklace. I have a feeling that maybe he would sell something "cheap"... because it's kind of too hot to sell... but I'll be careful.. but I still like the necklace:woot:

Bronwen, kyratango and IvaPan like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Presumably if he took it to the papers it isn't hot. Although you never know, some people are overly confident. And sometimes they get away with it too.

6. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Hot or not, I would set in my mind a price celling for the necklace and if the asking price is higher, will make a counter proposal and will pay it if he agrees. But first will go with him to a jeweller to test the necklace and then will offer my price. If he refuses to go and insists that I first accept his price, will back off no matter how much I like it.

Any Jewelry, Irenka and kyratango like this.
  7. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I'm just enjoying reading the updates on this but it is a beautifully made, quality looking piece. Really stunning. I'd be making all manner of excuses to go places I could wear it.

A fair price for a similar piece in age, material and construction is what's considered. Without provenance there is no additional money for notoriety.

8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

It's quite possible that he said something a bit more tentative (if misleading) - Perhaps this necklace even belonged to someone connected to Napoleon, such as his mistress, Emilia Kraus - & it was turned into a statement of fact by the paper. Happens all the time.

9. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

A, and I will choose the jeweller to test it. Just in case...

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

as far as I can see....... I don't know how he found you....but he has his hook in you , and wants to sell you whatever he can and as much as he can.........

from what you've posted here....I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him !!!!

Irenka and IvaPan like this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's definitely starting to sound iffy. Really iffy.

Irenka and IvaPan like this.
  12. Irenka

Irenka Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for his answer... if he happens to say a suitable price, I'd still be interested... the necklace is old, regardless of the story, which honestly he didn't even mention, except for the mention that it was in the newspaper.. .if the price is inappropriate, of course I don't even want to think about it any further

mirana and IvaPan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted