Featured Got these two at yardsale, Sterling Trifari and a Coro Prin Noi Insine 14 Martie 1881

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Armando0831, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thanks, Shiloh! Learned something new today!

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  2. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

3. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

I personally don't believe the story that ALL Trifari was signed. I recently had an unmarked fruit salad dress clip that was Trifari, it was an EXACT match to others in that design that were marked 'KTF' and Trifari. By 'exact' I mean dimensions, stone placement, clip used...EVERYTHING. I am positive it was Trifari and sold it to a Trifari collector who agreed with me. I have seen other instances where Trifari was not marked, but of course, that's my personal opinion.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  4. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Calico, thanks for that post. I thought I had read where some pieces were unmarked and those that had the paper hangtags were for the stores selling them and were later were removed by the buyer. Then I found the link above,but, it was written by an eBayer.

I had a brass Selro bracelet and earrings unmarked. I researched for many months and founnd an expert/collector of Selro. I sent her many pics of my pieces and she said they were Selro prototypes......so nothing is really cut and dry ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted