Govancroft pottery flasks - Spirit of ....series vol 11

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Stonesbomber, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Stonesbomber

Stonesbomber New Member

My particular reason for joining this page is to find out more about Govancroft's pottery spirit flasks; the Spirit of ...series. About thirty years I bought a set of eleven. I knew it came in a set of twelve because I had volumes 1-10 and #12. Since then I have been unsuccessfully searching for any information about volume 11. I don't know what liquor it contained nor its colour. Can anyone fill in the missing information?

judy likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Looks like everybody under the sun has Volume I for sale, or one or two others, but NOPE, no Volume 11.......must be scarce as the proverbial 'hen's teeth'!!!:rolleyes::confused:

i need help, judy and komokwa like this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

The ones I looked at were in Roman numerals. If that is what you are looking for it would be Vol XI, not 11, which could be mis-interrupted as II for the number 2.

i need help and judy like this.
  4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

This series is the one that looks like books, correct?

i need help and judy like this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Do you have these now?

I found these online, but all of the labels are lost! However, if there's a color there that you don't know, it might be the missing volume and help to narrow the search:
    z.jpg

i need help likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I had one or two of those. Let me see if I can find the image.

7. Stonesbomber

Stonesbomber New Member

Yes Vol X1. I just called it 11 as a I wrote the list of volumes in today's numerical order.

8. Stonesbomber

Stonesbomber New Member

Yes Vol X1 I simply used 11 because I wrote a list of what I had in modern numerical order. Attached is the list of what I have.

Attached Files:

9. Stonesbomber

Stonesbomber New Member

Correct. Attached is a list of what I have.

Attached Files:

10. Stonesbomber

Stonesbomber New Member

I think I've got all those colours; I've attached a list of what I have.

Attached Files:

moreotherstuff likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted