Featured Great lump of Finnish glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by CheersDears, Aug 3, 2019.

1. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

Does anyone recognise this please? I have Googled it quite a bit but am weak and pathetic after run-in with doctors and am drawing giant blanks despite the label ... It seems to be signed twice and is 23.5cm tall. I've shoved it up on a much despised auction site and it had two watchers within no time at all. So hope springs, but maybe I should know more about it before it doesn't sell and dashes will to live, etc. Thanks, I hope everyone is well and good. P1100433.jpg P1100421.jpg P1100426.jpg P1100424.jpg

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Finnish glass seems to sell well on ebay.

Christmasjoy, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

deleted....same page.

Christmasjoy, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  5. CheersDears

Thanks, and that "24 karraatia" you would think is 24 c gold. Mine has a mysterious blob. Maybe that blob once held a 24 c gold casing? You found a much better example than I did, Judy. Yours is identical. The ones I found seemed to be of a different size. Hmmm ... I would far rather have the gold than the vase. Again, thanks.

6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Please let us know for what price your vase sells........wishing you top dollars!!

8. judy

judy Well-Known Member

9. Bluewood

Bluewood New Member

i have one similar these been quite common gifts in 70s-80s its "24 gold plated" lump worth 10 to 50€....

Christmasjoy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I think they mean there's gold in the glass.

Christmasjoy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  11. Bluewood

Bluewood New Member

well perhaps no... it just missing that gold plated casing...

CheersDears and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  12. CheersDears

Yes, it is missing the casing. What a strange idea ... gold around glass.

i need help likes this.
  13. evelyb30

14. CheersDears

I have added to my listing that it is "missing a gold bracelet", so hopefully the five Watchers will revisit. Otherwise they must heed the infinite warnings that I know less than nothing about Scandinavian glass and they must tread with caution and do their own research. Poop. Now my conscience is tweaking and I wonder If I shouldn't relist the whole damned business ... My sales rate on eBay has been so spectacularly dismal of late that I suspect I am fretting about nothing. Thanks for all your info, people.

15. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

16. CheersDears

This Finnish vase is kaput, a terse and obnoxious buyer tells me as she demands a full refund before her miserable dollars have even landed in my bank account. This makes it 2 out of 3 carefully wrapped recent sales that have been wrecked by Australia Post. Blimey, as if eBay isn't painful enough. Here, Downunder, the psychos employed by the post office must be the most malicious destructive force in the universe. That was a hefty hunk of glass. It was in transit for less that 24 hours. Anyway, just ranting and letting off steam ... and thinking very bad words.

komokwa, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  17. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

That’s terrible, I’m sorry, CheersDears. :(

18. evelyb30

ACK. The USPS doing similar to me is why I quit selling fragile bits for the most part. And anything running afoul of the new US DIM rates is also O-U-T. (anything requiring a 12x12x12 or larger box they charge blood money now.)

19. judy

judy Well-Known Member

"Terse and obnoxious buyer"...........are you sure she just isn't trying to get something for nothing?????

If it is truly broken, hopefully it was fully insured so you can recoop your investment.

So sorry this has happened.

i need help likes this.
  20. CheersDears

Nope, she had the good sense to photograph it as she unwrapped the shards. She has become more human, and it wasn't insured. Not enough money to justify the whole bangshoot, but it is so damned irritating. You pay for a service, and obviously you don't post unless you think things are reasonably wrapped. Blutig.

Thanks for sympathy. I suppose I will rattle along and get over it. Fume fume fume ...

komokwa and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted