Green Aqua Glass Ball Pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, May 4, 2018.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

33889CB5-CACD-4097-9284-9CDBBBB70E88.jpeg 49F869F8-72B7-412C-87A3-19DCE2F5639D.jpeg BE77C374-2D85-4C9A-B378-972E190C4EA4.jpeg Any idea of the maker?

2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I've never seen one with that band in the middle.

3. kardinalisimo

Neither have I. All I can tell is that is mold blown and so far no luck finding a match.

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have a red ball pitcher with matching glasses, but half the size of that one. Plus, a lot of the ones I've seen are a solid color - not a clear handle.

judy likes this.
  5. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I decided to look in HMW2, opened the book and your pitcher was in a catalog reprint. How lucky is that?!?!

It was made by Imperial, line #355. The catalog listing says 100oz Jug. Imperial called the color Stiegel Green. In addition to your pitcher, other items with the same line # include a shot glass, a decanter and a tumbler. Other items on the same catalog page are barware, shakers, decanter etc along with a few other misc items.

pitcher1.jpg

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Msgood2shoes,
    Nice catch!!!! I kept thinking I know that pitcher from somewhere. I was not sure that if I saw it at a yard sale or in a book.
    greg

7. kardinalisimo

Thanks a bunch. Do they say in the book what years was #355 produced?

8. msgood2shoe

No, but since it's a book on Depression-era glass, I'd guess 1930's. I don't know if @Cherryhill or @TallCakes have more info to help or not.

9. msgood2shoe

I just looked up another line from the same page, and Replacements said that line was discontinued Circa 1931, which is a broad timeframe.

In thinking of history, Prohibition was in effect from 1920 - 1933. Some of the other wares on the same catalog page were definitely cocktail related, cocktail shaker, muddlers, and the shot glass that is part of this pattern, as well as the decanter, so I'd guess this might have been produced after 1933.

Figtree3 likes this.
  10. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

this is from one of those pieced together Imperial catalogs 'Book E' which includes items from 1914-37; this would be from the end of that time frame.

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I'll concur the date/era, early to mid 1930s.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted