Green Crackle Glaze Jar/Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Sep 29, 2014.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Studio pottery? Not sure if the markings on the bottom are from the artist or the owner.

I like the idea with the underglazed decoration but it does not seem to be very well-executed. Not sure what technique was used but although the glaze is transparent the black scrolls with leaves and flowers are very hard to be noticed, especially without strong light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I am sure it is the artist since it is fired into the bottom, not just scratched. I love the vase by the way.
    greg

3. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Thanks. Anything that I should pay attention to that may give some clues about the region of production. I guess it is definitely US made. I think I see seams on the sides so probably the vase was done in two molds. Not sure of the real clay color but the bottom looks white/beige and there is a creamy glaze on the inside.
    I think the decoration would be probably better if the design was inscribed into an applied slip and then colored in black.

4. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Kardinalisimo, I love the vase. I find it intriguing with a "come-hither" feel because the design is not so readily visible. It's sort of like the vase is saying "if you take just a glance you won't see all I have to offer." I really like the color too.

I always check your finds because you seem to have a wide-ranging eye for attractive and unusual items.

Draft saved Draft deleted