Green Crown Porcelain Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kellaurm, Aug 27, 2020.

1. kellaurm

kellaurm Well-Known Member

Hi does anyone know this green mark, on a small demitasse. German perhaps? DSC_0507.jpg DSC_0504.jpg

patd8643 and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

I copied this from another forum with the same question

“This crossed hammers mark is that of Fischer & Mieg of Pirkenhammer, Bohemia (previously Austria, later Czechoslovakia).

Your mark was used from 1873 - 1918 - which explains your fascination with the intricate quality of it as it was the height of the Bohemian (Amphora/Teiplitz) Art Nouveau period.

This company was one of the founder members of the EPIAG, the new Czechoslovakian government led association of the 1920's. For more information on this association, just use my in-house search engine and put in the search term "EPIAG".

If anyone has a piece with this pottery mark let us know what you have - it all adds to the knowledge base.“

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Your cup and saucer are very pretty.

I don't have any personal knowledge about your type of piece so can't give any opinion on how to sort through various information.

I'm attaching some info from Röntgen's book Marks on German, Bohemian and Austrian Porcelain that shows marks, dates and info on Fischer & Meig. There is also some information from the book on EPIAG.

The last photo is from Kovel's book New Dictionary of Marks showing marks and dates.

img20200827_072448.jpg img20200827_072425.jpg img20200827_073635.jpg img20200827_072345.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  4. Mindi B Moyer

Mindi B Moyer New Member

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

@Mindi B Moyer
    If you are trying to make a comment or ask a question, hit reply, type your comment, then hit post.
    Or just type in the next empty text box and hit post reply.

anundverkaufen likes this.
  6. Connie V

Connie V New Member

I have a bud vase with a mark very much like that one. If anyone could help me date it and offer any other information I would really appreciate it. 1.JPG 2.JPG

Bakersgma likes this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

What a cute bird! I suspect that the name Hagaman painted on the bottom is the person who painted the vase. Likely an amateur (sometimes referred to as a hobbyist.)

Figtree3, i need help and komokwa like this.
  8. Connie V

Connie V New Member

Thanks for your input, I appreciate you!

komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  9. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Agree. An amateur/hobbyist named Hagaman painted a plain white vase.
    Cute!

Figtree3, kentworld, Connie V and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted