Featured Green depression glass patterns name, please?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bluumz, Dec 30, 2019.

1. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Wondering if these are worth picking up at $10 per pair. :shame:

010E79AA-A05F-4025-A4BB-5B6D42C0E0AF.jpeg

Bronwen, pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Yes, not "Depression Glass." Possibly "Elegant made during the Depression period", possibly Bohemian, "Made in the Boh Valley/District of Eastern Europe".

Bronwen, bluumz, judy and 1 other person like this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Thank you, Cherryhill!
    I was beginning to think that our glassies are too busy holiday partying to check the board. ;)
    I am glass-ignorant.

judy and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Could they be uranium glass?

judy likes this.
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I saw these but the shape threw me. It's not a shape you normally see in Depression glass.

judy likes this.
  6. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Uranium Glass? Probably not. this is a chrome green, (made with chrome chemicals.

7. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

FYI, they are the size of berry or small cereal bowls.

8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Are they maybe missing lids?

bluumz likes this.
  9. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

I've inherited bowls this same shape (not etched, though) that were said to be finger bowls ... not that we ever used them as such ... Mom used to float large flower blossoms in them.

bluumz, aaroncab and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

No, they don't appear to be. Measurement guestimate: 5 inches diameter, 2 inches high. I left them behind in the store but have been considering going back to check if they're still there. I don't collect glass but these are really pretty and felt quite fine in hand. Nevertheless, I'd want to know that I could make a decent profit if I chose to resell.
    There's a pair with the pattern (photo), and there is also a pair consisting of one with a pattern and one exactly the same shape but plain.

11. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Odd... they are shaped just like this Monangah Secretaries Primrose Flower sherbet but without the stem:
    (and different pattern, of course)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted