Featured Green Double Swan Vaseline Glass Dish - How to tell age

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Nov 16, 2023.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I see several of these green double swan dishes on the web. Each has a claim to a different age. I bought this to add some color to my collection. It glows really bright yellow in black light, so I know it is Vaseline glass. Lots of people say Fenton is the maker. It is 7 inches across and almost 3 1/2 inches high. My question is there any way to tell the age of this piece. Any help appreciated.

IMG_4275.JPG IMG_4277.JPG IMG_4281.JPG IMG_4280.JPG IMG_4274.JPG

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

stracci, Any Jewelry and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Wow. That's great information!!!! This does look like the source bowl for my piece. I saw a reference to a Bonbon bowl on one of the sites. I wonder if both companies used the molds. Thank you.

stracci likes this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie All you need is love ...and a dog.

Not that this helps but my mom had the same one in pink when I was growing up in the 50's.

stracci, KikoBlueEyes and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie All you need is love ...and a dog.

Not that this helps but my mom had the same one in pink when I was growing up

sorry for the double post.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

Well it would if I had two of them :D

7. KikoBlueEyes

Pink. I'll have to look at those now @say_it_slowly has identified the source.

8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

@KikoBlueEyes, your piece is green uranium glass. Vaseline Glass was the name given by collectors for yellow glass that uses uranium in the mix. The color reminded them of the color of old Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. Since your piece is green it is not Vaseline Glass :)

KikoBlueEyes and Bakersgma like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Ooops. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted