Featured Green Glass HAPPY EASTER Rabbit Who Dunnit?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vitry-le-francois, Nov 29, 2016.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Found this rabbit in my yard trying to eat my newly planted garden. I tried to yell at him to get out but he just sat there. Doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. No matter how loud I yelled or stomped my feet, he just would not move.

I sent my trusty dog after him but he (the dog) just gave me a look of total bewilderment.

So I pick him up and he now sits on my desk. Doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. Again.

Any idea who created this 7 1/2 inch tall green rabbit that just sits there and pretends to be inanimate? I know that he knows I see him. And he sees me. For now, we are both okay with that. For now.

rabbit4.jpg rabbit3.jpg rabbit2.jpg rabbit1.jpg

carolgal, Chiquita, Figtree3 and 3 others like this.
  2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very cute. I found one on Pinterest but the link no longer works to bring up any info.
    Just a guess, but this may be a Martha Stewart by Mail, but am not sure.

judy and KingofThings like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I thought the same.
    Did Mosser make glass for her? That was my other thought.

judy, pearlsnblume and KingofThings like this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

looks much like the Millstein candy container by Jeannette; the ears are a bit different. I'd guess maybe a recent MIC reproduction/copy.

5. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

rotenbush likes this.
  6. pearlsnblume

From what I recall, Martha Stewart bought a lot of old companies glass molds and then made her own version. Some were marked MS and some were not.
    Some of her stuff sells at decent prices on ebay -- like her huge cookie cutters and her
    jadite cake server. I think this is because she discontinued many, if not all, but people seem to want them. I caught a few moments of her new cooking show with Snoop Dog and thought to myself, this is not my cup of tea at all. I do like Martha Bakes on PBS as that is no schtick just baking.
    :)

judy likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I saw the ads for that and wondered if snoop needs the money..that badly ??

judy and artsfarm like this.
  8. pearlsnblume

The show is absurd. Martha looks uncomfortable and Snoop brings up getting high within moments.
    On a better note, The Great American Baking Show (I think that is the right name) will be starting again soon with Mary Berry.

judy, lloyd249 and Bakersgma like this.
  9. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Love that show! I am not a fan of Food TV's Chopped because it's so adversarial. On the British show the contestants help each other and are nice to each other.

10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I love the British version! So, thanks for reminding me about the American "Christmas" version! Starts tomorrow night (Dec 1st) with 2 hours (9pm - 11pm Pacific)!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  11. pearlsnblume

Exactly what I think. I am not a big fan of the competitive shops on the Food Channel either, too nasty and too much cursing. The UK folks seem to
    be much nicer to each other.
    I am hoping Paul Hollywood shows up on our American Baking version once or twice, he is sure easy on the eyes.

12. rhiwfield

rhiwfield Well-Known Member

The rabbit in the garden reminds me of a plague of garden gnomes that appeared in our village about 10 years ago.

The probable main culprit has sadly passed away, but I think a few villagers joined in, sourcing gnomes and positioning them in different gardens!

13. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

It looks so much like someone used a chocolate mold to make a glass rabbit. Interesting.

antidiem and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Looking at his face, I see what you mean. :cool: --- Too bad we don't have a rabbit emoji here. There are several other animals.

15. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

My first thought was chocolate mold too! :cat:

16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

by jove....it may have been a mold for a mold....or test piece...

[​IMG]

17. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

WOW. Lots of interesting postings. By the way, he (or she) is still on my desk and hasn't moved in three days. I'm keeping a watchful eye, just in case.

carolgal and antidiem like this.
  18. Loretta Maciosek

Loretta Maciosek New Member

I just found one as well. any updates from anyone about the rabbit?

antidiem likes this.
  19. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

No, but upon second look and hearing you have found another @Loretta Maciosek , I wonder if this could be a "fantasy" piece? Not a reproduction, per se, but a newer piece made in an older style?

Loretta Maciosek likes this.
  20. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Loretta Maciosek likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted