Green Glass Salt and Pepper Shakers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kraftblue, Nov 22, 2017.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Not sure if I have seen this pattern before. But the lids are weird, how do they come off? :eek:

greens1.JPG greens2.JPG greens3.JPG

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

These may be pressure caps (my non-technical term). If you place your palm on the top and give a slight twist, those notches may find a groove to remove.
    Sorry, no help on pattern, but from avocado green color, these suggest 1970's to me.

3. kraftblue

Thanks Sandra.

4. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

You're very welcome. Did the lids pop off (if you've had a chance to try yet)?

5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Push up (gently but firmly) from around the base of the lid.

6. kraftblue

I tried but it didn't work.

7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Do they rotate in place? You would not want the cap of salt/pepper shaker to be attached in a way that it might pop off while you were shaking it, so my inclination is to think they unscrew, maybe while pulling upward at the same time?

8. kraftblue

That's weird, I replied a while ago but now the post is gone. The lids pop off by lifting underneath.

Christmasjoy, Bronwen and judy like this.
  9. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Tolja!

My parents had a corset-shaped, clear glass pair with that top. :)

Christmasjoy, judy and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted