Greenpeace Rainbow Warrior Poster 1985

Discussion in 'Art' started by Kevolee, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

I found this poster and have only been able to locate one other example. That is at the Oakland Museum of California and is in their "All Of Us Or None Of Us" archive of political, free speech and progressive posters which was donated by Michael Rossman. There is no clue as to who it was done by are any other details about it. I am hoping somebody here is a better researcher than I am and can come up with some more information. The first picture is from the museum website and the remaining I took. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

In July 1985, French secret agents sank the Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior, killing one of the group's campaigners on board.

upload_2018-7-26_15-22-37.jpeg

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Kevolee,
    I have looked for this for a few days now, and also find no other information. This seems strange because it was intended to donate the profits of sales. So unless this was not the final one they used or some other explanation, I don’t know. Unless someone else here can figure out something, maybe you can email the museum.
    Please update if you do.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Thank you Komokwa and i need help. I think I will email the museum, but the exhibit is so large and Rossman himself donated so much I don't expect them to know much about any one piece. But maybe they will know how to head me in some direction. Thanks again to the two of you

Christmasjoy, komokwa and i need help like this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

You could also Email Greenpeace.

Christmasjoy and Fid like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted