Guideline Suggestions for giveaways

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by Bookahtoo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Moved by poster.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@Bookahtoo .....Just a recent thought, since no-one has commented since 2014!!!! Is there any way we can put a Random Generator (that a couple of people are starting to use!!) in this thread and plunk the names of the "desirees" into it.....that way we could all see who won!!!!! Just a Random Thought and probably not possible in a thread......but it was a GOOD thought!!!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::smug::smug::smuggrin::smuggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Aquitaine

Does anyone know if that can even be accomplished?????????????? Inquiring Minds wish to know!!!!!!!

5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Hmmmm - I'll check into it.

If anyone else knows how to do it, feel free to speak up!

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'll speak up....
    the generator thing is new....lots of folks still like to put the names in a hat and let their spouse ...or cat....pick one out..........just sayin...!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  7. komokwa

as Book wrote in the opening post....

the giver decides how to give away what they have - for example, first to ask for it, who wants it most, contest, whatever....

I say let that stand !

8. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Because I tend to be loquacious, perhaps the determining factor could be who wrote the longest "essay" on why the "giveaway" would be a most welcome addition to their life.

I can give anyone a run for their money (or giveaway) if loquaciousness is the yardstick.
    ;) :rolleyes: :shame: :hilarious:

komokwa, Aquitaine and anundverkaufen like this.
  9. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Nay - I made a vow that NOTHING that is not consumable is coming through a door in my house.............and I have also made a vow that I will not LEAVE through any door without taking something to feed the trash skip (seriously).

A challenge involving WORDS would be too much of a temptation.....................I think the Giver should pick a method to pick a winner........................

kyratango, komokwa, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  10. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

I agree with you that "the Giver should pick a method to pick a winner."

I must say that I have chuckled over your reply being greater in length by 20 words than my tongue-in-cheek entry on the subject. ;)

kyratango, Aquitaine and Figtree3 like this.
  11. Aquitaine

OK.....it WAS just a thought!!!!:):):smug::smug::smuggrin::D:rolleyes:

komokwa likes this.
  12. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

and without other's thoughts we'd still be smacking flint against a rock to light our cigarettes, so...............................any thought is a good thought 'cause it may lead to the bought thought.................

13. Laurel Bronnenberg

Laurel Bronnenberg New Member

Is this still available for giveaways? If so count me into the mix

14. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@Laurel Bronnenberg - I am not sure what item you are referring to, but this post was just about how the forum was going to be used as a means to share stuff with other members.

BTW welcome to the forum!!! :happy::happy:

15. komokwa

Keep your eye on the give a way Forum ,,, but remember that newbies with few posts are not always invited to join in on a specific thread....cuz we don't yet know who you are....:(..;);)...:)

Laurel Bronnenberg likes this.
  16. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

HoooBoy! What an opportunity...especially now that books have been mentioned.

Has anyone figured out how to manage Shipping Payments?

AND: I'm too noo to accept a giveaway...Must I then be precluded from giving away?

Someone please encourage me on that side of this project...the need is Great!

17. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Some people who are doing the giving pay the shipping, some people who are doing the giving ask the receiver to pay for the shipping.
    Some people don't ship overseas, some do.
    It is really up to the giver.
    It is also up to the giver how to decide who gets what they're giving away. Usually it's a random drawing, but it could be another way.

18. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

YUP...I'm up to speed on all that.

You, Moderator Person, should be able to answer my burning query: as too 'new' to seek treasures fer nuthin', am I also ineligible for the other side of th' equation?

I'll be 82 in November. It ain't that I anticipate imminent demise...but surely, prior to that moment of infinity, there'll occur a time where my kids, and/or others, will be in charge...and by extension I will not be able to properly distribute this outrageous accumulation. Time, as 'tis said, is of the essence in this endeavor.

Tell me true: am I too noob, or not, to give my stuff in this manner?

19. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I had a giveaway a long time ago and the person who won it had signed up apparently because they came across the give away and they haven't been seen since. I felt bad about that. I think giveaways should go to people who have demonstrated an ongoing interest in the site and who participate in an ongoing fashion.

Shipping is, of course, the cost factor. There are any number of things I'd be willing to give away, but I don't want to pay to do it. A couple of dollars now and again is no big deal, but shipping costs can run up in a hurry. I'm not going to offer anything where the shipping will be $20 or more. I don't want to pay that much and doubt that anyone else will either.

I think for most giveaways the person offering pays, but it's not a rule. I don't know if anything has been offered where the recipient payed.

Anyone, established or new, can offer to give away stuff, and who they offer it to, and how they offer it, is up to them.

Any Jewelry, Figtree3 and wlwhittier like this.
  20. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

:)
    The people who give things away decide whether to give only to established members, and also define for their giveaways what an established member is. We don't all have the same definitions and limitations. And there is no general limit of that type set by the board moderators. As @moreotherstuff said, there are reasons for that. And -- There are no limits on newer members giving away items!

Any Jewelry and wlwhittier like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted