Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Gustav Becker Clock or marriage?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="afantiques, post: 169665, member: 25"]Look under the pendulum.</p><p><br /></p><p>GB clocks of this type always had the serial number , usually scratched, there.</p><p><br /></p><p>But what makes you think it is GB and not Jahresuhrenfabrik or one of the other C.1910 makers? I only see made in Germany.</p><p><br /></p><p>PS just looked back at OP, those pendulums were widely used, if you can call half a dozen makers 'widely'</p><p><br /></p><p>Do you have the Horolovar book on torsion clocks. It includes back plate diagrams for possibly all known clocks, so using the exact placement of pivot holes, etc, it is often possible to identify the maker.</p><p><br /></p><p>I do think the plate screws are original. I am wondering what is up with the middle of the pediment. And I cannot read what is below 'Made in Germany'.</p><p><br /></p><p>Is this a clock you have just bought? I have a few torsion clocks and might be interested in this one.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="afantiques, post: 169665, member: 25"]Look under the pendulum. GB clocks of this type always had the serial number , usually scratched, there. But what makes you think it is GB and not Jahresuhrenfabrik or one of the other C.1910 makers? I only see made in Germany. PS just looked back at OP, those pendulums were widely used, if you can call half a dozen makers 'widely' Do you have the Horolovar book on torsion clocks. It includes back plate diagrams for possibly all known clocks, so using the exact placement of pivot holes, etc, it is often possible to identify the maker. I do think the plate screws are original. I am wondering what is up with the middle of the pediment. And I cannot read what is below 'Made in Germany'. Is this a clock you have just bought? I have a few torsion clocks and might be interested in this one.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Gustav Becker Clock or marriage?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...