Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Gustav Becker Clock or marriage?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="afantiques, post: 169692, member: 25"]Auction prices for these have done better than most clocks lately and it does look clean. If I see one in the saleroom I usually detach the pendulum, since it only takes one careless pickup to break the suspension or the dome. I'd certainly bid on that one, you can't have too many torsion clocks. Just don't go mad.</p><p><br /></p><p>Many people avoid these as they can be tricky to set in beat if you don't know what you are doing. If you do buy it and have a problem with it working, ask me.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="afantiques, post: 169692, member: 25"]Auction prices for these have done better than most clocks lately and it does look clean. If I see one in the saleroom I usually detach the pendulum, since it only takes one careless pickup to break the suspension or the dome. I'd certainly bid on that one, you can't have too many torsion clocks. Just don't go mad. Many people avoid these as they can be tricky to set in beat if you don't know what you are doing. If you do buy it and have a problem with it working, ask me.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Gustav Becker Clock or marriage?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...