Featured Gustav Sherman Jewelry

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by MAGDELLAS, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Any Information On This Bracelet Would Be Appreciated

Poll closed Mar 29, 2017.
  1. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

100.0%
  1. MAGDELLAS

MAGDELLAS Member

Hello,
    I am a new member to the forum and I am currently looking for some assistance in the history of one particular Sherman Gustav Crystal Costume Jewelry. I was fortunate enough to have purchased a beautiful AB crystal encrusted cuff bracelet from an collectors estate. The piece is signed SHERMAN, however, I was only able to find 1 article about it from many years ago, I have not found another online like it.
    If you have any knowledge of Sherman jewelry any information would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Lucille.b and anundverkaufen like this.
  3. MAGDELLAS

MAGDELLAS Member

Thank you, I've tried many of these sites and most of the cuff bracelet links are gone or have been removed :(. I think I might need to try and locate a Sherman jewelry book and go from there. I cant believe how difficult it is to find information on this one piece hahaha. Thank you for your help

lauragarnet likes this.
  4. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

5. MAGDELLAS

MAGDELLAS Member

Wonderful, Thank You

anundverkaufen and komokwa like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, MAGDELLAS!! Many people here willing to try and help you find info on your piece or pieces!!!! :)

judy likes this.
  7. MAGDELLAS

MAGDELLAS Member

Thank you very much , I do appreciate it.

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

9. MAGDELLAS

MAGDELLAS Member

10. evelyb30

Sherman tends to be worth quite a bit; as the article says it never was inexpensive.

lauragarnet likes this.
  11. lauragarnet

Wow. That was a huge bidding war on the blue bracelet anundverkaufen linked to on eBay. Started at $24.99 and 50 bids later ended at $420.00. Not too shabby.:joyful:

12. evelyb30

Sherman does tend to go goofy when it turns up in good condition and in a desirable color. I had one sell for around $250 if memory serves, and it had the necklace with it. The color wasn't as good and there was a missing stone. On the other hand both pieces cost me $25; I wasn't complaining!

lauragarnet likes this.
  13. lauragarnet

14. MAGDELLAS

MAGDELLAS Member

Update: Hello Everyone, I had this appraised with a reputable antiques dealer and they valued it at $500-$700 with insurance value of $1200. Thank you for all your assistance

lauragarnet likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted