Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
H.J. van der Weele 1852-1930 painting
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Aquitaine, post: 4298610, member: 602"]In looking at the painting and the back, the vertical line in the center showing on both the front and back, is 'off center' from the <u>vertical stretcher</u>, so I don't think it's from the stretcher, unless of course it's been re stretched!!!!</p><p><br /></p><p>AND THAT'S interesting, because you can see on the <u><b>back</b></u> #1. patchwork in the framing top & bottom along the vertical stretcher, and #2. it IS a bit whiter ON the canvas back to the left of the vertical stretcher!! OK, I'm done nitpicking!! Just interesting points I see! (which is also showing on the front.) BUT I do love the pastoral scene!![/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Aquitaine, post: 4298610, member: 602"]In looking at the painting and the back, the vertical line in the center showing on both the front and back, is 'off center' from the [U]vertical stretcher[/U], so I don't think it's from the stretcher, unless of course it's been re stretched!!!! AND THAT'S interesting, because you can see on the [U][B]back[/B][/U] #1. patchwork in the framing top & bottom along the vertical stretcher, and #2. it IS a bit whiter ON the canvas back to the left of the vertical stretcher!! OK, I'm done nitpicking!! Just interesting points I see! (which is also showing on the front.) BUT I do love the pastoral scene!![/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
H.J. van der Weele 1852-1930 painting
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...