Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
H.J. van der Weele 1852-1930 painting
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Aquitaine, post: 4298648, member: 602"]Mind you, I'm no Expert, but someone went to considerable effort to make sure this painting was well supported/stabilized, so, to me, yes, I think it does sound plausible. I think it must have been done professionally as in looking at the edges of the painting showing on the back, they don't really look touched (except some believe it to be re-lined, which I don't know!).....that took some expertise to do that....not just the top and bottom, but the sides as well.....ALL is MY humble opinion and as I said, I'm NOT an expert!!!![/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Aquitaine, post: 4298648, member: 602"]Mind you, I'm no Expert, but someone went to considerable effort to make sure this painting was well supported/stabilized, so, to me, yes, I think it does sound plausible. I think it must have been done professionally as in looking at the edges of the painting showing on the back, they don't really look touched (except some believe it to be re-lined, which I don't know!).....that took some expertise to do that....not just the top and bottom, but the sides as well.....ALL is MY humble opinion and as I said, I'm NOT an expert!!!![/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
H.J. van der Weele 1852-1930 painting
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...