Featured Had a mad shopping spree at a church sale :o

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by BoudiccaJones, Mar 18, 2018.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

haha well my daughters really are beautiful and that's not just Mummy Talk. I would say one's too young ( she's 14) to be defiled but 14 year olds aint what they used to be :eek: though mine is,she's a good girl.

kyratango and komokwa like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

she must have a great Mummy !!:happy:

kyratango and BoudiccaJones like this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I'm rather fond of Zenobia, particularly in light of the destruction of Palmyra.

upload_2018-3-19_15-9-24.png

4. BoudiccaJones

<3 <3 <3

5. BoudiccaJones

I must confess to utter ignorance! BUT that's what Google is for...did a quick look and...she is interesting !
    I shall try to make my ignorance smaller today! xx
    My Bou,she reminds me of me...not that I want to destroy ravening hordes of Romans but if I HAD to...

Bronwen likes this.
  6. Bronwen

I'm not sure what's going on in this cameo, & fallen female figure may be more allegorical than historical, the personification of a country, but my best guess is that it represents the Roman conquest of Britain. Note the hind quarters of a lion in the background.

woman shield lion Britannia Claudius Q.jpg

komokwa, kyratango and BoudiccaJones like this.
  7. BoudiccaJones

That is utterly fabulous where'S THE LOVE BUTTON...sad but sweet....gotta be my girl at least a bit

Good ole Bou. Did her best...my Gran always called me Boudicea as a nickname and god, just love her x

Bronwen likes this.
  8. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

And the lion's head is under the foot of the warrior, with his paws too ;)

komokwa, Bronwen and BoudiccaJones like this.
  9. BoudiccaJones

Hurumph!

Bronwen likes this.
  10. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

Wow brilliant, and for £3 ?:nailbiting: Always used to think Boudicca was Scottish till I found out she’s fro. East Anglia. Had a Scottish friend talking about Scottish heroes and he brought up Boudicca xD

kyratango, Bronwen and BoudiccaJones like this.
  11. BoudiccaJones

Some peeps say she is Welsh too :eek:

Nothing against the Welsh, of course but I am Herefordian and traditionally, we do not like Welsh! That's why we are here, to keep them out of England LD
    A lot of my fam are Welsh, so it's all lighthearted...but Hereford is the only place it's legal to kill a Welshman. At midnight and with a crossbow but still...

12. Bronwen

I think you may be right, thanks for that observation! I had been seeing it as a human head, but lions in this kind of art do tend to have anthropomorphized faces. Cameo makes much more sense that way. Thanks again. :writer::turtle::happy:

Edit: & had missed the paws entirely, seeing them as bumps on the ground.

kyratango likes this.
  13. Bronwen

Well, I like you anyway. (I'm only part Welsh.)

Hurumph!

14. BoudiccaJones

hehe...my G'parents lived in Wales...Hay on Wye actually. I loved them and my Dad and my Uncs are/were Welsh so I think we'r OK :D x

kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  15. Bronwen

Maybe we're cousins! I've got the whole package, some each Irish, Scottish, English & Welsh. Expect it's pretty common. Don't know specifically where any of them came from & only county for the Irishman.

16. BoudiccaJones

I would love to be your cuz :D I have none of my own...will you be my honoury cuz? x x

17. Bronwen

I would love to (maybe ornery cuz is closer). I talk to you way more often than to others, only one of whom shares similar interests. Oh, this is so nice! :kiss:

BoudiccaJones and kyratango like this.
  18. BoudiccaJones

What's ornery? Off to google...I am thrilled,thank you...now no need to slay my enemies to wash my tears! Smiling from ear to ear instead of slicing from ear to ear :eek:

19. Bronwen

American vernacular for oppositional-defiant.

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  20. BoudiccaJones

Oh hahah well...I can be a bit Contrary :D

Draft saved Draft deleted