Hand embroidered?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by escmode, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

BTW, I could be 100% wrong, but I think it's older than the 90s and I think that if it is tourist tat, it's High-End Tourist Tat. :joyful:

escmode likes this.
  2. escmode

escmode Member

You've just given me a strategy Jivvy! I may do a trial listing at a higher 'antique' price to see how many 'watchers' it receives. Little interest might indicate it's late 20th century... more interest might indicate it's earlier.

Haaaha. What's your best guess?

3. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

There are a lot of levels between low end tourist and belongs in a museum. I think this one will most likely sell to a westerner as a decor item and won't be headed back home to China.

But I still contend it's nicer than most such pieces.

escmode likes this.
  4. Lushanda

Lushanda New Member

With regards to pricing the best thing is to scour the internet for similar items and make a judgement where your item sits in terms of quality as compared to the other items and put your price there.

Good luck with a potential sale.

Draft saved Draft deleted