Hand Painted European Porcelain Plate w Fruit Design

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kaudet, Jun 4, 2020.

1. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Peach Center fruit Salad unmarked french limoges pink wide border rim.JPG ind pattern.jpg Hi Everyone,

Have been going through some of my unmarked china to see if I can id. Came up with this 7-1/4" hand painted scalloped plate with fruit in center and pink band on the rim. Have found similar plates with different fruit in center and different colored rims but no ads had an id.
    Did find interesting compote. Will add a photo. Am guessing French Limoges or KPM but only a guess. What do you think?

Any help is much appreciated.
    TIA
    Kathy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  2. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

They look like they could be English bone china rather than continental hard paste to me.

judy likes this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Not transfers?

judy likes this.
  5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Could be British. I’m guessing 1950s when there was a penchant for making sets with different colours and pastels were often used. Seen more in tea/coffee sets, but works here, too, I think.

judy likes this.
  6. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Well, it took awhile but I finally was able to id this plate. BSM Brothers Schwab Merklin Bohemia Austria. Some plates have the initials B.S.M. in a green square but mine was unmarked. Thanks everyone for your help on this.

7. Cetteferge

Cetteferge New Member

I received 3+ of these exact fruit plates from my great aunt. I can faintly see the Schwab name on back on one, after much light, and initials G&M or C&M! I have turquoise, pink and white. The white has either a chestnut or acorn(?); very pretty!
    Wish I could send these to you, so you’d nearly have a set of six! They’re in great condition with hand painted numbers on back (12, 100, 112), gold rimmed. My great aunt/uncle traveled often to Austria and Bavaria!

8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted