Hand Painted Floral Pottery Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nicenblue, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Nicenblue

Nicenblue New Member

Hoping someone can help with an i.d. on this 8" tall pottery vase. Hand painted. A dealer at the store where I bought it thought it might be Satsuma but I'm not sure on that.
    SAM_0629-1.jpg SAM_0636-1.jpg SAM_0632-1.jpg SAM_0635-1.jpg

2. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

Don't you hate when things are not signed??? ugh.

3. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

I did a quick search and honed it down to Satsuma Kyoto or Satsuma Kinkozan brings up more results with the style of decoration as your vase.
    I didn't read enough descriptions to figure out whats-what exactly, but maybe it's a good clue for you to work off of.

wildrose likes this.
  4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

It's really pretty!

5. Nicenblue

Nicenblue New Member

It is so frustrating. So many times I've said I won't buy unsigned pieces anymore, but then I see something I think might be worth a few $$ and before I know it, it's mine.

Thank you so much lauragarnet. Will research more using those terms.

cxgirl likes this.
  6. Nicenblue

Nicenblue New Member

Laura - thank you again. After looking at hundreds of pictures of Satsuma Kinkozan, I'm pretty sure that is what this vase is.

Pat P likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted